The REAL Star Wars
Audiences around the world flocked to see the Star Wars science fiction movies. These action-packed stories told of an evil emperor and his thwarted attempt to conquer an entire galaxy.
Believe it or not, a literal “star war” actually did take place, long before George Lucas’ films or U.S. President Reagan’s Strategic Defense Initiative. Rulership of the entire universe was at stake! The cataclysmic results of this titanic war can still be seen today.
Who was involved in this intergalactic battle? When did it occur? Why did it occur? What were the results? And what impact does it have on us today?
The startling answers are revealed in the Bible. So be sure to get a Bible, a pen and paper. Reading and writing out the Bible verses that answer the questions in this study will help you remember what you’ll be learning.
1. Let’s begin by going back into prehistory. Before the physical universe existed, there lived two all-powerful, divine spirit Beings. What does the Bible say about them? John 1: 1-3, 14.
Both Beings are God. One of these is referred to as the Word. He is the Spokesman of the two, the one who later became the human Jesus Christ. These supreme, all-powerful Beings have always existed, and always will (Psalm 90:2, I Timothy 1: 17).
2. Who created the entire universe, including the earth? Genesis 1:1, John 1:3, Ephesians 3:9 (last part), Colossians 1:15-17 How was this accomplished? Psalms 33:6-9, 104:30.
The original Hebrew of Genesis 1:1, reveals that God is a Family. The two Superbeings composing this divine Family together thought out, planned and designed the entire creation. Then the Word, through the awesome power of God spirit, brought the entire universe into existence!
But, the earth, stars and galaxies were not the first things that were created.
3. What did God create even before the physical universe? Job 38:4-7. What are these “stars”? Revelation 1:20.
In Job 38:7, “morning stars” and “sons of God” refer to angels. Even before the physical universe was created, God created millions or perhaps even billions (see Revelation 5:11) of spirit beings known as angels. They are called the “sons of God” in the sense that each angel was created by God as a separate spirit being.
4. Many types of angels were created, but the most powerful and beautiful was a super archangel named Lucifer. What does Ezekiel 28: 12-14 tell us about him?
This cherub’s name in Hebrew meant “Bringer of Light” – Lucifer in Latin. He was a spirit being of awesome, majestic beauty, dazzling brightness, great knowledge, wisdom and power.
5. Was Lucifer one of the anointed cherubs who covered God’ s throne in heaven? Ezekiel 28: 14, Exodus 25: 18-20.
The “mercy seat” described in Exodus 25 was symbolic of God’s heavenly throne. Lucifer was stationed at the very throne of God, where he was trained in the administration of God’s government.
We don’t know how long this training lasted, but in time he and a third of the angels were sent to earth by God to beautify and improve it – to make it even more beautiful than it already was. Lucifer was placed on a throne on earth and given the responsibility of directing this effort.
As long as Lucifer administered God’s government on earth, there was peace and happiness. That was because God’s government is based on His law of love, which is outgoing concern for the good and welfare of others.
6. But what eventually was found in Lucifer? Ezekiel 28: 15. (Iniquity means lawlessness) Did he become vain and corrupt? Verse 17.
Lucifer allowed his beauty and perfection to fill him with vanity. He became envious of God, resentful of God’s authority over him. Thoughts of vanity, envy, lust and greed, then resentment and rebellion caused his mind to become perverted. His thinking became totally warped.
7. Did Lucifer leave earth and ascend to heaven in an attempt to take control (Ezekiel 28: 13) – over all the angels (“stars”) of God? Isaiah 14: 12-14.
8. Did he convince other angels to follow him in his rebellion against God? Jude 6, II Peter 2:4. How many of God’s angels did Lucifer cause to turn traitor? Revelation 12:3-4.
9. Did Lucifer actually want the position of God? See Isaiah 14: 14.
Lucifer had nothing less in mind than removing God from His throne and becoming supreme ruler himself! He was no longer satisfied with ruling over one planet. After swaying one third of God’s angels to his side, Lucifer and his army swooped up to heaven in an attempt to depose the Creator and Ruler of the universe!
10. But did their attempt to seize control succeed? Read Isaiah 14: 12 again. (Also see Revelation 12:7-9, which describes another war in heaven to occur in our time.) How did Jesus describe Lucifer’s fall from heaven? Luke 10: 18.
Lucifer and the angels who followed him grossly underestimated God’s incredible power and were cast back to earth. God saw him fall from heaven like lightning!
Lucifer deliberately became his Maker’s enemy, and so God changed his name to what he became – Satan, which means adversary, competitor, enemy. And the angels who were cast down with him became known as demons.
11. What happened to the earth as a result of Lucifer’s rebellion? Genesis 1:2. A better translation is: “The earth became waste and empty [chaotic, in confusion and in a state of decay].” God’s beautiful earth suffered terrible devastation because of Lucifer’s rebellion.
Not only did this titanic “star war” wreak havoc on earth, it also brought destruction to other planets. It caused the decay and barren landscapes seen in photographs of our moon, Mercury and Mars.
12. Sometime after this destruction, did God renew the earth and create plant, animal and human life? See Psalm 104:30, again. Also summarize Genesis 1:2-31.
13. Was Satan (the serpent – Revelation 12:9) in the Garden of Eden, trying to influence Adam and Eve to disobey God? Genesis 3:16_ Was this because God has allowed him to continue as the invisible ruler of this world? II Corinthians 4:4. When will Satan’s rule end? Revelation 20:1-3.
Satan is responsible for deceiving humanity and influencing people to break Gods laws(Revelation 12:9, Ephesians 2:2). That is why this world has had suffering, war and death for nearly 6,000 years.
The Bible reveals that Jesus Christ came to earth nearly 2,000 years ago and qualified to replace Satan as ruler of the world. He will soon return and banish Satan and his demons, so they will no longer be able to influence humanity. Peace, happiness and joy will return to earth when God’s government is restored!
Richard Sedliacik ‘Youth’
In accordance with Sec 107 of Chapter 1 of Title 17 of US Copyright Law, this material is distributed without charge or other commercial interest for the purposes of comment, teaching, scholarship and review.
U.S. British Future, P.O. Box 4877, Oceanside, Ca. 92052. U.S.A.
AmericaAndBritainsFuture.com also US-BritishFuture.com