The Coming … Wonderful World Tomorrow!
World peace has eluded the efforts of everyone to bring it about. Is world peace and prosperity coming soon? Here are the surprising answers! Five years after the close of World War II, Winston Churchill declared in a speech in Copenhagen, “Unless some effective world super-government can be brought quickly into action, the prospects for peace and human progress are dark and doubtful."
Nuclear physicist Edward Teller, who helped develop the hydrogen bomb, warned that “We must work for the establishment of a world authority sustained by moral and physical force—a world government capable of enforcing worldwide law.”
Many voices have been raised calling for a world government to be established. Serious-minded scientists and world leaders know that world peace is possible only if all the nations are brought together in a supreme world government!
God’s World Government
People today fail to recognize there is any power other than their own that can bring about world peace and prospriety. What great power can, and will, do this? God has the power to make His World Government a REALITY.
Few today understand that God has allotted mankind – SIX THOUSAND YEARS in which to rule himself. During this time He has allowed us to pursue a course that seems right to ourselves (Prov. 16:25). God has given us the opportunity to prove, by experience, the basic inadequacies of any form of human government— communism, fascism, socialism, even democracy.
God is allowing the human race to prove to itself that no human form of government can bring us world peace!
When Jesus Christ returns, He will establish the Government of God on earth. Gods laws will be taught throughout the world and Gods government will possess the power and the wisdom to enforce His laws. It will prevent the strong from enslaving the weak—true justice will be received by all! Jesus in Greek means JUSTICE in English!
This is the message God The Father had Jesus Christ bring to the world. It is the GOOD NEWS that Christ will return with the power to give us world peace and prosperity at last!
The Bible shows a literal paradise is ahead! It will be a time of one thousand years of peace and prosperity! God has made it possible for you to look into the future through His prophecies so you can know what that wonderful world tomorrow will be like.
WORLD PEACE AHEAD AT LAST
The Bible tells us that God’s government will produce world peace and prosperity. Beginning with the descendants of Jacob, and using them as a model and example, God will rebuild ALL nations! Let’s study this exciting truth.
COMMENT: God will bring those remaining of America and Britain out of national captivity in World War III into the location of Ancient Israel, where they will again be resettled! See the ‘United States and Britain in Prophecy’ on Page 1 of the America And Britains Future Free Library.
2. Will the devastated cities be rebuilt? Amos 9:14-15; Ezek. 36:33-35. Be sure to read all of chapter 36. Notice that when this regathering and rebuilding occurs, Britain and America will never again break Gods laws, or be in captivity again. Will there be happiness in their cities? Jer. 33:10-14; Zech. 8:4-5.
COMMENT: Today’s polluted, overpopulated cities will not exist in tomorrow’s world. Cities in the Millennium will be decentralized. They will be small enough to promote healthy, happy family life, yet large enough for a proper balance between industry and population.
COMMENT: Being near the geographical center of the land surface of the earth, Jerusalem is the ideal focal point. It will be rebuilt to absolute perfection. It will become the future MODEL CITY—the pattern for cities throughout the world tomorrow.
COMMENT: God promised to prosper Israel if they would obey His laws (Lev. 26; Deut. 28). The Bible shows they disobeyed and were punished. In the Millennial 1000 years of world peace the descendants of ancient Israel will obey God and therefore will receive these tremendous blessings!
6. The Middle East is now a relatively barren region. Prophecies show, however, that it will see the most dramatic change of any land. Will the waste places become fertile, and will beautiful forests spread in the Millennium? Isa. 41:14-20; 35:1-2, 7.
COMMENT; Can you imagine such a fabulous scene? Deserts becoming green, fertile gardens of trees, bubbling springs and rivers; mountains brought low and made inhabitable.
Forests interspersed with cultivated fields will also cause the climate to become more healthful. Lumber, becoming scarce today due to man’s exploitation, will again increase as the population increases, making it possible for all to have beautiful homes and furniture.
7. Will God transform the surrounding area into a place resembling Eden? Isa. 51:3.
WILL All Nations to Be Blessed?
Prophecies show that the rest of the earth will share in the great prosperity Christ will bring to Jerusalem and the descendants of Jacob. The whole earth will undergo remarkable changes.
1. Will all nations become submissive to Gods laws? Isa. 2:1-3.
2. Since the non Israelite nations will obey God in the Millennium, will they belong to Him? Rom. 6:16.
COMMENT: Ancient Israel was never able to claim all the blessings of Deuteronomy 28 and Leviticus 26 over long periods of time because the people were not faithful in their obedience to God. But in the Millennium, all nations will be obedient and will also enjoy the tremendous blessings originally promised to Israel.
Language, Liberty and Prosperity
One of the major barriers to mutual understanding and cooperation between peoples has been the language barrier. Can you imagine what a world of ONE LANGUAGE would be like? Think what a huge step forward it would be if people everywhere were liberated from the language barrier, spoke, read and wrote the same language—were bound together in common understanding for the first time!
1. Will God give all the world ONE pure language? Zeph. 3:9.
COMMENT: And so God will begin an era of total literacy and total education by giving the world one pure language!
2. There will be a tremendous amount of reconstruction to be done in the 1000 years of world peace. But how hard will this work seem after people are delivered from the suffering of today’s world? Isa. 11:10; 14:3. Will practicing God’s laws bring liberty to all? Matt. 11:28-30.
COMMENT: God will make life enjoyable, comfortable and satisfying for people in the Millennium—God’s way of life truly is the way of LIBERTY—the way of FREEDOM from the ways of this world. But people today are not convinced that it is. God is now letting us find out, by experience, how difficult our own ways really are!
COMMENT: People will own their property in the Millennium. They will be liberated from governments which deprive them of the rewards of their own labor!
COMMENT: The combined force of right education about true health and instant HEALING of all sickness will mean PERFECT HEALTH for everyone!
5. The agricultural wealth of a nation is generally the greatest physical asset it can possess. Today, most of the earth is unproductive—only about ten percent of the land surface is actually tillable. There are many deserts, mountainous regions and wildernesses. The exact opposite will be true in the paradise of tomorrow as God begins to bless the entire world! Will He cause the rains to fall at the right time? Ezek. 34:26; Isa. 30:23.
COMMENT: Farmers have had to gamble with the weather throughout the centuries.The best news they could hear is that their work would always be successful as long as they obey God’s laws.
The Great River
1. What will happen at Christ’s return? Zech. 14:4.
3. Is the eastern channel of this river—in which waters flow into the Dead Sea—the same as the river described in Ezekiel 47:1-12? Does verse 8 show that when the fresh or “healing” water from this life-giving river begins to flow through the desert into the Dead Sea, the Dead Sea will then be able to support LIFE, being “healed”? Will it contain a great number of fish? Verse 9. Will this river also give life to the barren places through which it flows? Verse 12.
COMMENT: God’s Spirit, like the physical river, will proceed from Jerusalem and will “heal” our mental and spiritual problems.Clearly, the world tomorrow will be a place of peace, prosperity, and beauty! All nations will share in the great blessings of God. The whole world will be at peace. Most of the earth’s land surface will be cultivable. Beautiful forests, agricultural areas, fish-filled lakes and streams will be found all over the world—with no more barren tundra’s, polluted rivers, ravaged landscapes, hostile deserts or waste places.
But how will such vast changes come about? Let’s see what the Bible has to say about the way this change will come, and who will be involved. Believe it or not, you can have a part in bringing about that wonderful world tomorrow!
THE KING IN THE WORLD AHEAD
“He shall be great… and the Lord God shall give unto him the THRONE Of his father David: and he shall REIGN over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end” (Luke 1:31-33). Notice also the account in John 18:37: “Jesus answered, To this end was I born."
Nearly 2000 years ago, Jesus qualified by refusing to accept Satan’s rule (Matt. 4:1-11). But He did not remove and replace Satan at that time. He was not crowned King while a human being (John 18:36). He was not to assume the responsibilities of His new office as world ruler at that time. When His disciples assumed the Kingdom of God would be set up in their day, He gave them a parable to explain when He would begin ruling the world.
1. According to this parable in Luke 19:12-17, where did Jesus go after His death to obtain the office of King and to receive the Kingdom? Did He go to Caesar at Rome? Did He go to the people to have them induct Him into office? Verse 12. Who has the authority to make Him “King”over the earth.? Rom. 13:1.
COMMENT: He was showing His disciples He would have to go to His Father (the “far country” in the parable of Luke 19) to receive authority to rule the nations.
2. After sixty years, He showed Himself to the Apostle John, who described his appearance. Was there a crown on His head when John saw Him? Rev. 1:12-18. Doesn’t this indicate He may not yet have been crowned after His arrival in heaven? What has He been “crowned” with this far? Heb. 2:9
COMMENT: Here is depicted the actual coronation of Jesus Christ. Notice that “one like the Son” appeared before the “Ancient of days,” God the Father, to receive the Kingdom. The “Word” (John 1:1) was like the Son of man. He was not yet born as a son, but since He would later become a son of man, He was, in Daniel’s day, “like the Son of man”— who was to be born of a human mother.
Crowned “KING of Kings”
COMMENT: He will have only one golden crown. That crown will designate Him as Supreme King over all nations. The proper translation of Revelation 19:12 is: “And on his head are many diadems.” Small crown or headband signifying royal office. The smaller crowns symbolize the lesser royal offices He will hold.
2. What will His official title be when He returns? Rev.19:16. Who are these other “kings”?
3. Will those who overcome also receive everlasting crowns—if they overcome? I Cor. 9:25. Will those who qualify in this life rule over the nations as Kings with Christ? Rev. 2:26-27; 3:21; 5:10; 20:4; Dan. 7:22, 27.
COMMENT: Jesus went to heaven to be crowned by the Father, but one of the reasons He will return to earth is to bring positions of rulership to those who will help him rule the earth.
5. What did He say would be the reward of those who manage the abilities God has given them ? Luke 19:16-19.
COMMENT:Those resurrected and those changed will be made kings and priests.
Perfect, Powerful Government
Christ’s government will begin at Jerusalem, where His headquarters will be located (Jer. 3:17). As His rule spreads over the whole earth, all rebellious nations will be brought into line.
1. How will Christ deal with those nations which refuse to come to Jerusalem to worship God ? Zech. 14:16-19.
Jesus Christ will be in absolute control of the earth, but He will rule with perfect justice and mercy, having once been human Himself (Heb. 2:9-10; 4:15). God is not a stern, cruel monster as some have falsely implied. God wants us to be really happy! But God knows the only way to lasting happiness is obedience to His laws! As men obey God’s laws they will see the wisdom and justice of God’s rule and will submit gladly to His authority.
Re-education in the Millennium
Speaking of the Millennial, the Bible states: “The earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea” (Isa. 11:9). During the Millennium God will TEACH the laws that produce happiness. He will give each individual the CHOICE, after learning His laws and seeing the happiness they produce, of whether to obey God’s laws or not. The vast majority will see God’s way is truly best and will voluntarily choose His way.
Education will play a vitally important role in the Millennium. It will receive TOP PRIORITY! Exactly why is education so important?
1.Has faulty education confused the world’s understanding. Isa. 25:7.
2. Who is fundamentally responsible for deceiving the whole world? Rev.12:9. Doesn’t that make him the real author of wrong education? John 8:44. Will Satan be allowed to deceive the nations when Christ commences to re-educate the world? Rev. 20:1-3.
4. What kind of knowledge is most lacking in the world today? Is it spiritual knowledge? Hosea 4:6.
What Is True Education?
COMMENT: Many believe education should teach you only how to earn a living, but NOT how to live! Not so in the world tomorrow.
COMMENT: God’s way of life is the result of right education.
4. The world is fast approaching a crisis which will shock people into a realization that something is radically wrong with our modern way of life. What will people then acknowledge? Jer. 16:19. Would they want to learn another way if their present way is better?
COMMENT: People have been deceived from birth with ideas that have been funneled into their unquestioning minds. When Christ rescues the world from annihilation, people will acknowledge their lack of sound education. This confession of error is actually the first step toward “change”!
COMMENT: This clearly involves refusing all wrong concepts we have always taken for granted without proof, and turning to God’s laws.
God’s System for Re-education
Many evils in the world today can be blamed on false education. Educators are finally waking up to the fact that our great universities have FAILED! This system obviously needs to be changed! What kind of system will replace it?
COMMENT: In God’s pattern for world rule, religion and government are not separate!
COMMENT: David will be resurrected to rule over the physical descendants of ancient Israel. His office will include the responsibility of TEACHING the people the laws of God.
3. Will the twelve apostles be placed over each of the twelve tribes of Israel? Matt. 19:28. Will each apostle have a throne? Luke 22:29-30. Will they then TEACH the individual tribes of Israel. Matt. 28:19-20.
COMMENT: The apostles taught the nations 1900 years ago, and God’s Church is teaching the nations today. But think how much more the whole earth will hear God’s truth taught during the coming 1,000 years of World Peace!
When God intervenes in human affairs, it will not be left to the people to vote in their own rulers or choose their own teachers. In the world tomorrow God will appoint those changed to Spirit as rulers and educators, and no lobbyists or other pressure groups will be able to corrupt them. They will teach the people all His laws and His statutes which are the way to peace, prosperity and happiness!
COMMENT: In the world tomorrow those now qualifying to rule under Christ will be ready to speak or act, both to teach and to stop any attempted disobedience. Because they will be composed of spirit, they will be able to come and go as necessary, or simply disappear, just as Christ was able to after His resurrection (John 20:17, 19, 25-27; Luke 24:31).
Results of sweeping Education
1. Will people live in peace as they learn God’s laws Isa. 52:7-8. Will the whole world come to know His truth? Hab. 2:14; Isa.11:9; Jer. 31:34. Will even those who grumbled against God learn His truth? Isa. 29:24.
2. Will the Egyptians “know God” in that day? Isa. 19:21. How will the Egyptians, as well as all other people, really come to know Him? Isa. 55:6-7; I John 2:3-4. Will Ethiopia also benefit. Ps. 68:31.
COMMENT: The nations near Israel spoken of in the Bible are types of all nations in the world tomorrow. All the nations will learn to live by God’s commandments.
COMMENT: Obeying God’s laws will produce prosperity,
peace and happiness in the world tomorrow! It is plain that the basis
of right education is the knowledge of God law?
Will there be New Natures?
COMMENT: As God is going to change the lion’s desire for flesh food to an appetite for vegetation and is going to give peaceful natures to all others, so He will make a CHANGE in man’s hostile mind. This change in the mind will be brought about by repentance and the receiving of God’s Spirit-His Mind. This is what will actually make the wonderful world tomorrow a literal paradise! God will place His own nature of outgoing concern (Rom. 5:5), in human beings through His Spirit.
It would require a thick book to begin to describe the wonderful conditions which could prevail on this earth—and which will finally prevail when the human heart is humbled and given God’s Spirit, the nature of God! (II Peter 1:4.)
God’s Way BEST After All!
No one in that wonderful world will be deceived. There will be no Adversary around to lead people astray. There will be no more religious confusion. Eyes will be opened to God’s truth, people will become teachable, they will start living by God’s laws—the way of outgoing concern for others, the way of PEACE.
Crime, sickness, disease, and suffering will be gone! Poverty and illiteracy will be banished. Wild animals will be tame. Air pollution, water pollution, soil pollution will cease. There will be crystal-pure water to drink; clean, pure air to breathe; rich fertile soil producing full-flavored foods where deserts once existed.
The world will be filled with people guided, helped, protected and ruled by Gods Government —and all will learn that they, too, can be given the ability to live forever! What a fabulous world that will be!
Summary, A. C. Study. Free Library Copy
Return to Library
In accordance with Sec 107 of Chapter 1 of Title 17 of US Copyright Law, this material is distributed without charge or other commercial interest for the purposes of comment, teaching, scholarship and review.
U.S. British Future, P.O. Box 4877, Oceanside, Ca. 92052. U.S.A.